Dear Women of the South Bay,
If you are not a member of Sisterhood, we invite you to become part of all that we do…or any part of it that interests you! Your membership helps Sisterhood to perform many mizvot:
The mitzvot that we do for our Temple:
- Sponsor O’neg Shabbats throughout the year
- Help with holiday events, including Yom Kippur Break-the-Fast
- Support our Youth Group and Schools
- Send Uniongrams in recognition of milestones and for health and sympathy
- Support Life Cycle Events
- Operate the Judaica Shop
- Support the Library
- Special Projects, such as recent $10,000 donation to refurbish the Garden Room
- And much, much more...
The mitzvot that we do for our community and within Women of Reform Judaism:
- Food and clothing drives
- Donations to non-profit organizations
- Contribute to the YES fund for Youth activities, Education of rabbis and cantors, and Special projects
and programs in the field of human rights, critical actions and world peace
- And other venues for tikkun olam…repairing the world.
The mitzvot that we do for ourselves:
- Provide opportunities for friendship, social activities, personal growth and study
Sisterhood needs the support of all the women of the Congregation. All of us, whether or not we perceive ourselves as having extra time, whether or not we enjoy all of Sisterhood’s activities or projects, are needed as members of Sisterhood. Membership Dues are only $40.00.
Send a check payable to Temple Menorah Sisterhood – note that it is for “membership”
Include your name, address, phone and email address along with any areas of interest.
Annual Sisterhood Membership Form for 2016 - 2017
Click to download membership form
top of page